The Board Strategy Development Committee (the BSDC) consists of the following members whose profiles are given in the section on Board of Directors and Profiles.
Board membersMr K G D D Dheerasinghe*
Mr M P Jayawardena*
Mr S Renganathan
(Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer)
Prof A K W Jayawardane*
Mr K Dharmasiri*
Mr L D Niyangoda*
Ms N T M S Cooray*
(Appointed w.e.f. March 28, 2019)
Mr G S Jadeja
(Resigned w.e.f. March 28, 2019)
Secretary to the CommitteeMr R A P Rajapaksha
*Independent Non-Executive Director
Attendance at Meetings
|Name||Eligible to attend/ Attended|
|Mr K G D D Dheerasinghe||11/11|
|Mr M P Jayawardena||11/11|
|Mr S Renganathan||11/11|
|Prof A K W Jayawardane||11/10|
|Mr K Dharmasiri||11/11|
|Mr L D Niyangoda||11/10|
|Mr G S Jadeja||02/02|
|Ms N T M S Cooray||09/07|
The Committee assisted the Board by evaluating the business strategies and strengthening core competencies.
The Committee was established to have an overall Bank-wide strategic management oversight.
The Committee is empowered:
– Defining of business strategies geared for the sustainable development of the Bank; and
– Establishment of processes for planning, implementing, assessing, and adjusting of the business strategy.
– Governance, risk appetite, financial and capital planning, liquidity and fund management, control environment and resources required to support the Bank’s strategic objectives.
– Divestitures, Mergers and Acquisition strategies including post transaction performance tracking.
– The impact of changes in the competitive environment.
The BSDC assisted the Board by evaluating the business strategies and strengthening core competencies of the Bank.
The BSDC met frequently than the minimum number of meetings as per Terms of Reference (11 meetings in 2019) and was able to offer greater responsiveness in the strategic decision-making process of the Bank.
In addition, the BSDC reviewed matters related to capital planning, dividend policy, acquisition and investment opportunities.
Corporate Plan and strategies planned by the management were reviewed against the achievement and necessary directions were provided to management to achieve the desired results.
K G D D Dheerasinghe
Board Strategy Development Committee
February 20, 2020