Provide health-care options, encourage healthy lifestyles and provide decent working conditions.
- Investment of Rs. 17.5 Mn. for 198 team members on health care facilities through “CDB Suwa Sampatha”.
- Maintaining a zero occupational disease rate, zero work-related fatalities and promoting safe and healthy surroundings.
- Introduced paternity leave.
- Extending leave in the event of an illness or complication or risk of complications, providing facilities and flexible working hours and developing appropriate family-friendly facilities for team members, which extend beyond compliance.
Decent working conditions
- A comprehensive range of health and safety protocols were implemented within all CDB premises investing Rs. 15 Mn. to ensure safety and decent working conditions.
- “Active Ninja” – In collaboration with the Health and Wellness Unit of the University of Colombo, the employee health and well-being educational programme was launched to provide free medical services, resources and information to raise awareness about health issues and available services.
- Child health and well-being “Act early for Autism” programme.
To promote early detection and timely intervention, the Autism Awareness project was launched in collaboration with Sri Lanka Association for Child Development (SLACD) in 2016. We have continued to make a positive impact through many initiatives under this project since its inception.
- Contributed towards the construction of a quarantine centre at the Maduru-oya Army Training centre supporting the national effort to combat COVID-19.