We simply cannot sit back and wait for the bad times to tide over. We have to learn to adjust and find innovative ways of moving forward with the resources at our disposal. Our task is to be uncompromising with the Bank's mission and vision
We have ensured that our customers kept their heads above water during the economic downturn, by understading their challenges, working within their cash flows, restructuring their loans, offering tenure extensions, moratoriums, grace periods, and providing additional funding despite the distressed situation.
Supporting and Empowering Customersx
- Interest rate reductions, capital grace periods, tenure extensions, etc. for customers affected by the economic downturn.
- Periodic surveys conducted for credit card customers on Net Easy Scores (NES) and Net Promoter Scores (NPS).
- Annual survey of Pinnacle customers on NES score.
- Rewarding staff who received customer commendations.
- Appointments of Customer Service Ambassadors for the year 2022.
- Non face-to-face Digital Onboarding – a virtual account opening enabled via the contact centre.
- SLA monitoring commenced in multiple areas.
- Improvements to guidelines and processes of Retail Banking across Housing Loans, Personal Loans, Leasing and Gold Pledged Lending.
- Green Loan product introduced to SLASSCOM customers.
- Five new features and improvements introduced to the website.
- All pages optimised for SEO and keywords.
- Mobile Banking App launched for customers who use online banking.
- Introduced the iConnect electronic banking platform which delivers cutting edge Cash Management solutions.
- WhatsApp added to DFCC Chatz.
- More data fields added to the Loan Inquiry form.
- New landing pages created for five products in all three languages.
- Series of upgrades made to DFCC Online Banking.
- Revamp of the Sustainability and Remittance web page.
Strategic Focus on Sustainabilityx
- To be a “Carbon Neutral Bank” and “Bank for Green Finance” by 2030.
- Series of initiatives on managing energy, paper, plastic, water and other waste.
- Eco Efficiency App to track energy, paper and fuel consumption.
- Established energy and paper reduction targets to be achieved by 2025.
- Continuing with the installation of rooftop solar panels.
- Series of actions initiated under the Social and Environmental Management System (SEMS).
- Training programmes for staff on environment-related issues.
- Adhering to the initiatives and directives issued by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) on Sustainable Finance, such as:
–Road Map for Sustainable Finance in Sri Lanka (2019).
–Sri Lanka Green Finance Taxonomy (2022).
–Banking Act Direction No. 5 of 2022 on Sustainable Finance activities of Licensed Banks (2022).
Recognition and Awardsx
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign – DFCC Virtual Wallet – SLIM Digi Awards.
- Market Leader in Cash Management Sri Lanka (Domestic Banks) – Payment and Cash Management – Asiamoney Publication.
- Best for Services in Cash Management – Sri Lanka (Domestic Banks) – Payment and Cash Management - Asiamoney Publication.
- Best Management Practices Company Awards 2022 – Corporate Brand – The institute of Chartered Professional Managers of Sri Lanka.
- Best Common ATM Enabler of the Year (Category B) – Merit – DFCC MySpace Self Banking – LankaPay, Techinnovation Awards 2022.
- Bank of the Year for Financial Inclusivity (Category C) – Merit – DFCC MySpace Self Banking – LankaPay, Techinnovation Awards 2022.
- Category 1, Human Capital Development – Merit – DFCC OMMM Project – Association of Development Financing Institutions in Asia and the Pacific (ADFIAP).
- Best Social Media Content Award (YouTube, Facebook) – Gold – 11th ACEF Asian Leaders Awards.
- Business Today Top – 30 (2021/22) – Position 36 – DFCC Corporate – Business Today Magazine.
- Cash Management Market Leader 2022 – Euromoney.
- Cash Management Best Service 2022 – Euromoney.
- Sri Lanka’s most valuable and strongest brands Top 100 – Position – DFCC Corporate Brand – Brand Finance, Sri Lanka.
- Training for selected teams of staff on the Innovation Road Map.
- Wish engine campaign launched in October 2022.
- Several new additions to ATMs, CRMs, Check Deposit Kiosks, and Pay&Go Kiosks.
- 10 new billers and other upgrades added to DFCC Virtual Wallet.
- 5 new billers enabled in Pay&Go machines.
- Series of upgrades to website and retail banking platform.
- Security features enhanced for M-Teller service.
The Bank for Everyonex
- Customer-centric, digitally enabled banking offering advanced products and services.
- New propositions to suit varying lifestyles, income levels and aspirations.
- Flagship branches and bespoke services for high-net-worth individuals.
Marketing and Communication Achievementsx
DFCC Brand achieved 4th Place in PR for 2022.
The goal for DFCC Brand was to be among the top 5 Banks in PR. DFCC Brand ranked 4th in 2022 achieving
DFCC Brand achieved the highest engagement on Facebook and Instagram within the banking industry
DFCC Brand Performance in Digital Marketing on Social Media in 2022
- The DFCC Brand has achieved the highest engagement on Facebook within the banking industry.
- The highest engagement on Instagram within the banking industry.
- Increased subscriber base and video views on YouTube.
– 23 video uploads
– 3,120 subscribers
- DFCC is the highest performer in terms of the follower base, number of videos and profile likes on TikTok within the banking industry.
- Total followers on LinkedIn have increased by 8,095 to 47,902 in 2022.
To be the leading financial solutions provider sustainably developing individuals and businesses.
To provide innovative and responsible solutions true to our values with the expertise of our multidisciplinary team of professionals and synergies of our financial services group.